• 1 (8-ounce) package yellow rice
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
• 1/2 cup flour
• 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
• 3 pounds shrimp, cooked, peeled
• 4 cups half-and-half
• 1 cup shredded longhorn or Cheddar cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
Prepare the rice using the package directions. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour. Cook until smooth, whisking constantly. Add the chicken, shrimp, half-and-half, cheese, red pepper, mushrooms and artichokes. Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
Divide the rice between 2 buttered 9x13-inch glass baking dishes. Pour the chicken and shrimp mixture over the rice. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
SERVES: 12 - 16